MIDI Import - How it works

Please login to post a reply
11/18/2015 10:40, by Andreas

MIDI Import - How it works

To work with the new MIDI import features, please make sure you have uFXloops version 2.0.6 installed (you can check the version via the settings icon on the main screen, then 'About uFXloops').

You access the MIDI import in the pattern editors, so just start by creating a slot with a pattern (click on empty slot, click +pattern, click e.g. Melodic).

Then, in the pattern editor, click on 'Load'. You are asked either to import from MIDI or from a Pattern Template. Choose MIDI.
Now you are in the File selector, defaulting to the examples directory. You can browse the 100 delivered examples and choose one of them.
Of course you can also browse directories and import your own MIDI files. You find a lot of free MIDI files on pages like freemidi.org.

Once you chose an example song, you either see the tracks of that song (if it is a multi-track MIDI file), or you see the import overlay with a channel selection (some MIDI files have only one track, but many channels).

When you had to select a track first, the channel selection is the second screen.

Once you found the MIDI channel (you can prelisten to everything) that you want to import, you can adjust the startbar and the number of bars if you want. For the first time, I would recommend to leave it as is, should be good defaults, auto adjusted to the right start bar.

Then click 'Import'.

Now you imported a MIDI pattern into the pattern editor. Choose your instrument, check that the instrument can play all the notes (nothing greyed out in the melodic pattern editor) and hit the play button.
You can also octave it up or down of course with the octave wheel.

In case you wanted to import a different track/channel, just click on 'Load' again. uFXloops remembers the last imported MIDI file, unless you press 'Cancel' in the MIDI import.

This works the same way for the Percussive Pattern Editor. Just take care, that you really import a Drums pattern there. Drums/Percussion is usually on MIDI channel 10. This is good to know when you search for it.

Questions / feedback are welcome.

11/29/2015 21:55, by fredrickus

Re: MIDI Import - How it works

i Like it

11/29/2015 21:55, by fredrickus

its Alright

02/09/2016 06:26, by CobraClutch20

Okay. I will do that.

11/19/2015 02:03, by FOLKDISCO

Loving the midi import. Nice implementation, being able to select and preview a channel/track. Only looked at drum track import so far but... Good stuff! And easy to use too. Didn't have to read any instructions to get the midi in. :-)

03/21/2016 15:15, by sandymaulana

oh my god